It's been an incredible few months here at the IBW compound. And, from the looks of this dot matrix feed spitting from our crystal ball, this madness will be stopping no time soon.
First things first: meet Big Ed. He's big, shiny and the newest addition to the cast of our Meatballs the movie remake.
This 15bbl beauty was bought from the wonderful people at Atlantic Brewery Supply and is the key to the next phase of our diabolical plan.
This past weekend we brewed Pareidolia, our collaboration with Parachute Restaurant. Pareidolia is a belgian summer crusher, a citrus and floral beauty designed to haunt lovingly along with Bev & Johnny's unparalleled menu. Pareidolia will replace "Brown Reason to Live" at Parachute on Friday May 1st and will be available exclusively at Parachute until it is gone.
Chicago Craft Beer Week will soon be up on us again. We're still putting together our complete scheduling, but here is what we have booked so far in addition to at least 1 mid-week fire that we will announce closer to the event:
- Friday, May 15th - Release party for our 3rd collaboration with Dryhop Brewers "50% Chance of Life". This will be a farmhouse made with grape must and edlerflowers. The party is at... Dryhop Brewers. Other surprises to be announced later.
- Thursday May 21st - Fountainhead Tap Take Over. We'll have 6 beers upstairs and downstairs. There will be burlesque dancers, 2 bands performing acoustically under the stars on Fountainhead's fantastic rooftop deck.
- Saturday May 23 - 47 Fest. This is the beer festival to officially bring a close CCBW.
- Sunday May 24 - Brunch with Table, Donkey & Stick. 4 IBW beers will be paired with a 4 course brunch designed by Chef Scott Manley.
- Monday May 25 - The Day After. Local Option's opportunity to prove definitively that it don't need no stinking Craft Beer Week to have a balls forward tap list.
And, if that isn't enough, you will start seeing IBW in bottles around the first of May!!! We couldn't be more excited about this and we can't wait to share with you the artwork Mark Ludeman did for our first release, Orange Sunshine. Keep your eyes on your favorite bottle shops around the city to get yours.
Please check out our website for a relatively accurate listing of all the bars and restaurants around the city where you can find us on tap. We're very proud of the accounts we've curated, we've made sure that where ever you can find IBW you can find a proprietor that knows how to pour that beer for your best experience.
Finally, we've got 2 great events coming up. Tonight, Tuesday April 7th from 7pm - 1am we have Boilermaker Part 4! @ Fountainhead where the wizards at Fountainhead will pair our beer as well as Begyle's beer, 21st Amendment and Oskar Blue's beer with Whisky from New Holland, Few, Glenfiddich. This is always a great event and a great way to enjoy several lovingly made beverages at the same time.
On April 24 we will have Kallisti and Orange Sunshine on tap at Local Option's Catalina Wine Mixer Part 2. We're in good company at this event, don't miss it.
Ok, that's it. 2015 just keeps getting better!!